Victoria Beckham is proving herself to quite the trend setter. The latest trendy new hairstyle called the “Pob” or Posh’s bob, is popping up all over Hollywood.
This striking asymmetrical short cut, that is somewhere between tousled and messy, and smooth and sleek. Find a skilled stylist who is comfortable with texturizing via straight razor to get the right amount of life in your hair. Discuss with your hairdresser what aspects of the cut will suit you, and where things should be adapted to be most flattering to your face shape and styling skills.
Asymmetrical bobs, recently seen on stars such as Rihanna. The base of an asymmetrical bob is the shorter-in-back graduated or A-line bob. It is this sliced and razored. This style suits pretty much every head of hair – Fine hair gets quite a lift this way and heavy, thick locks get a weight lifted out. This cut is meant to move hair forward, framing the face to the point of almost obscuring features with the sultry way the hair falls in the eyes.
Tips for styling the Pob
- Use a texturizing shampoo and conditioner in the shower.
- Towel dry your hair and work in a small amount of anti-frizz balm and a dollop of volumizing mousse through your hair.
- Using your hair dryer and a round brush, smooth hair towards your face, boosting more movement in your hair.
- To style a cowlick, try blasting the heat on the unruly piece of hair first in one direction, then in the next direction, and after repeating a few times, the hair should sit the way you want.
- Once dry, use a bit of pomade or wax to spike up the shorter pieces and seperate longer strands. Use a small amount and rub between your hands to get the product soft, warm and pliable.
- When your hair is styled, finish off with a touch of glossy shine serum and a spritz of finishing spray. Throughout the day you can touch and fluff up your hair.
- Shorter styles usually require a bit more maintenance than longer ones. You’ll need to get regular trims every 4-6 weeks, and keep that color fresh as there is nowhere for roots to hide.
- You won’t need to wash your hair everyday as choppier styles usually hold up well with slightly dirty hair.
Vicky is looking good not only wearing her signature bob haircut, but also with long locks.
Photos by Getty Images Turkey